Friday, June 22, 2012

Doorstep service!


    Today morning, someone knocks the door. I see a salesman kind of guy from company "MAC".. Then he explained he is actually here for buying.. He said " I am here for buying used gold or platinum" shows a file with prints of all jewelry types. "we give u very good price"   So he is interested in used gold or platinum!  I am shocked !

My Indian mentality does not go beyond the a guy at doorstep for buying can buy raddi - used newspapers and magazines, at the max tins, glass bottles and used cloths.. but in japan why would someone buy these thing.. hmmm..

   And here is a Japanese guy at door step neatly dressed, speaking good english (yes kind of rare to see in Mishima)  interested in buying used jewelry !! And insisting on it to sell gold I have and ensuring repeatedly, a very good price !! Then he asked me my ring - wedding ring! I said a bigg "No"
"I cant sell this, its my wedding ring"
"I give u a good price."
{he is staring at my mangalsutra - the Indian wedding necklace}
"no"
"any ear piercings?" (with lot of hope)
(i checked my earrings, fortunately it  was not gold)
{ still staring at mangalsutra}
"ohh thts not gold ." (witty winning expression)
" platinum demo diajoubu, even platinum is fine"
"aaah this is not platinum"
"really? i give good price" (more convincing face)
"No No.. I dont want to sell anything"
"unn okay" (sad like face)
I shut the door.

---
At Mishima, japan.

2 comments:

  1. hey .... very interesting... did you talk to your neighbors or friends about having similar experiences?

    ReplyDelete